If you would like to accomplish something you must first expect it of yourself. - Wayne Dyer
When I think back over the past 7 years about all the amazing events and experiences that I have had, it’s clear to me now that they only happened because I expected them to at some point.
Th caveat to all this, which many people forget, is that you must first expect and then act in accordance to what is required to get your goal to materialize. In other words you need to work really hard, exercise discipline consistently and actually feel engaged with your work.
These are some of the big events that have happened to me over the years:
- Making a massive life turn around my 11th grade year from the near high school flunk-out to finishing my last 1.5 years with straight A’s. I expected that If I worked hard I could become a better learner.
- Kicking butt at community college & getting admitted as a transfer student to UC Berkeley on a full ride with a regents scholarship. .I expected that if I stragetically mapped out my journey I could arrive here.
- Becoming a software engineer without a computer science degree & working at a world-renown company in Silicon Valley for my first job. I expected that because there were others who had achieved what I wanted to achieve, there was enough evidence that I could too.
- To be able to provide for all of my parent’s need and bring my family out of the poverty-line. I expected that once I got my software engineering job, I would be able to do this.
- To make a big leap from my first job to my second in job in all respects (Personal Growth, Phenomenal Team, Work I’m Actually Interested in, Huge Impact, Salary and Benefits). I expected that because I had been able to get an amazing opportunity once, I could do it again.
- To form an amazing set of friendships with phenomenal people from various backgrounds, and who’s values & principles are interconnected with my own. I expected that I would meet these people sooner or later. I’d been praying and meditating on this for a long time.
There are quite a few other events that have happened recently and some are in-progress at the moment. I can’t wait to share them soon.
Dream big, work hard, be humble, take risks, have fun and remember to enjoy it all because you have that choice.